Here is the complete guide to know How to use ES File Explorer? As the ES File Explorer is a multi-featured app, you may be confused to use all those features. The ES File Explorer File Manager can be used on PC/ Android/ iOS devices. But, the usage of the app is same on all the devices. Many of us think that this ES File Explorer is a regular File manager but you will be surprised if you know what really the app is. Read this article completely to experience all the features of ES File Explorer Pro APK. Before you know How to use ES File Explorer Android it’s better to know about the features. So, let’s check out the most interesting features of ES file explorer file manager.
Check More ES File Explorer Features
How to Use ES File Explorer?
The user interface of the ES File Explorer is quite simple. Because of some similarities in the features, you do not require any complicated setup. The top section of the app provides you info about the music, movies, images and apps. It also provides shortcuts for the quick access to tools, bookmarks, Network, etc. For browsing Youtube, Facebook, Google services, you can use the “Favourite” option which is built in app. Firstly, Slide the toolbar to get following 5 interesting things about the app.
- The “local” option will allow you to explore device SD card storage to modify and organise folders easily.
- The “Library” option lets you browse and perform actions like images, Movies, Music, Documents and App stored on your device.
- “Network” Option will let your smartphone to, connect with PC/ computer wirelessly.
- “Tools” Option is useful for utilities like SD card analyst, Music player, Download Manager, Recycle bin, etc.
If you slide from right to left to display the Window Manager page. From there you can create a New window or close current window or manage default window and Clipboard settings.
At the bottom of the section, you will find a toolbar using which you can do an advanced and basic search, Manage Windows. Also, create a new file, server, folder, FTP connections. Moreover, the options on the toolbar are varied depending on different slides on the app.
Features of ES File Explorer APK
- Transfer files to a computer using WiFi.
- Encrypt/ Decryption of files and folders.
- Edit host files.
- File compressions and Extractions.
- File invisibility just by renaming.
- Battery Optimisation.
- Delete of files.
- Rename files.
- SD Card Analysis.
- Broese Android Files from PC.
- Uninstall Multiple Apps.
- Hide Media from the gallery.
- Extract APK from installed apps.
- Quick file transfer between 2 Android Mobiles.
- Delete Pre-installed Apps.
- Delete Pattern lock on Rooted Android.
- Make Encrypted files with Password protection.
- Save files to Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Use ES File Explorer as a Browser.
- Mount Pen drive on Rooted Android.
- Extract content from any Android App.
To access all the above features you must install ES File Explorer APK and uninstall other apps. To know How to use the above features scroll down the page. We have explained each and every feature in detail. If you have not Installed the App click on the below download button.
How to Acess Computer/ Laptop from Android with WiFi?
- Firstly, you need to install ES File Explorer Pro APK on Android to browse computer/PC from Android directly.
- Open ES File Explorer —-> just swipe the screen left to right to, go to fast access menu.
- Then, Tap on Network —–> LAN——> Scan.
- Now, the computer name will be displayed —-> Tap on it.
- Enter Login Credentials and start accessing.
How to use ES File Explorer To Transfer Files/ Folders via SFTP and LAN?
The LAN feature in ES file explorer app can be used to stream media files, pictures and to transfer files to another Android device. To access shared folder from Android Slide the toolbar and select “Network—> LAN”. Tap on New button —–> enter the following details.
- Domain: Leave empty.
- Server: Enter Address.
- Password: Type password to sign in your window.
- UserName: Enter the name of current Windows user account.
To Transfer files via SFTP follow the following process. Open the Android device—->”Network—->FTP”—-> SFTP. Then, you need to enter the following details.
- Server: Enter the address you got from the settings of Remote Login.
- Port: 22.
- Enter Username/ Password.
- Encoding: Auto.
- Display As: You can enter any name.
- Tap on “OK”.
Manage and Browse Photos from other Album
This app allows you to manage and browse the images and videos stored on other social networks such as Instagram, Facebook and Flickr etc. For that, you need to select library—–> Images. Then, click on “Address bar” to change location from Local to Net. Tap on New Account.
How To Browse Android from PC?
- Open ES File Explorer app.
- Tap on Network—> Remote Manager——> Turn “ON”.
- If the service starts, ES File Explorer will be displayed on FTP URL.
- You can enter it on any of the computer browsers.
- Finally, you can access content on Android SD Card on PC/ computer.
If you follow the above steps you can transfer files from computer to Android smartphone.
Note: Remember that the Android smartphone and the PC are connected to the same WiFi network.
How To Uninstall Multiple Apps using ES File Explorer?
- Open ES File Explorer App.
- Go to Library.
- Apps—–> Select all the apps you need to uninstall.
- Tap on Uninstall.
- Finally, all the apps you selected will be uninstalled at a time.
How to use ES File Explorer to Hide Media From Gallery
Do you want to hide the images of the folder fro which appear on Gallery? Then, you have to rename the folder just by adding the full stop in front of the file name. If we consider an example, Open the Whatsapp images on SD card—-> Rename the folder as “.WhatsApp_images”.
Extract APK from Apps
- Open the app.
- Go to Quick Access Menu—-> Library—-> Apps.
- Select all the apps for which you wish to extract .apk files.
- Tap on “Backup” option from the bottom Menu.
How To Transfer Files between Two Android Devices?
- First of all, make sure that both the Android devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Otherwise, create a hotspot.
- Install ES File Manager—-> Select the files to be transferred—-> Tap on Send option.
- Now, all the devices Android devices list will be displayed.
- Select it—-> Tap to send.
How To Remove Pre-Installed Apps on Rooted System?
- Open the ES File Explorer—> Root Explorer—–> Turn it on.
- Tap on Root Explorer Name.
- Select “Uninstall System App” from Pop Menu.
- Then, a new window opens—-> all the system apps will be displayed.
- Tap all the apps you want to uninstall.
- Tap on Uninstall at the bottom Menu Bar.
Install Apps as System App
- The Installing of the app can be done in the following simple way.
- Move the APK as system app folder.
- To move it you can copy the clipboard —-> Navigate to local —-> device—> system—-> Apps—-> Paste APK.
- Change permissions—-> Select .APK —–> paste—-> “More” at the buttom right—–> Select permission—> change permissions.
How to Delete Pattern Lock on Rooted Android
- Generally, the Android Pattern is stored as “gesture.key” which is found in Local—–> Device—-> Data—-> System.
- If do so, you can disable the pattern.
- You can enjoy this to prank your friends.
Create Encrypted Files with Password Protection
If you have any sensitive data such as videos and Images on Android which you want to hide then encryption is the best choice. Using the ES File Explorer you can encrypt the folders and files with a password. If you encrypt, the content will be automatically hidden from the gallery. Remember that you must not forget the password because it is almost impossible to get back the password.
Save Files to Google Drive and Dropbox
Many of you don’t know that the ES File Explorer has the cloud storage which is inbuilt. It is so helpful because there is no need to install third party apps. However, the moving files between the SD card and cloud storage are very quick as this feature is inbuilt in your ES File Manager.
ES File Explorer as Web Browser
This is also an another unknown ES File Manger feature. This app comes with the in-built apps such as Google, Facebook, Youtube etc. This may not be a substitute for the original Facebook but it can use to log in multiple accounts. Moreover, you can also uninstall original Facebook and use Facebook on ES File Explorer.
Mount Pen drive on Rooted Android Device using ES File Manager
To Mount pen drive, you have to Install stick mounts on root Android Device. Then, connect USB end of OTG cable to pen drive, USB to Android. If it is connected properly the app will pop an Alter box.
Extract content on Android Apps
This feature is useful for the users you like to play games on Android device. Follow the above process to extract apk. Then you will get 2 files. Usually, the images and Music files are found. You can easily extract content such as images/ wallpaper or from apps and games etc.
How to Rename Rename Folders/ Files
Using this feature, you can rename the files on your Android smartphones. First of all, go to the location where you need to rename folders and files. Then, tap and press till you get the checkmark on Folder/File. Now, you can select the multiple files at a time. Then, tap on “Rename” Button, a new Windows display which is shown below with “Batch Rename” title. Finally, you can assign a + number and add starting number. Otherwise, you can add a name before your actual filename.
Copy and Paste on ES File Explorer
The ES file explorer app has an excellent clipboard using which you can copy and paste the folders and files multiple times. Select the files —-> Press Copy/ Cut on toolbar. Then, choose the destination file to paste. After you copy then press “Window” button. Tap “Clipboard” to see the files stored in Clipboard.
How To Search Files on ES File Explorer?
ES File Explorer provides the search option to search files on your device. Using this you can make searching files easy. If you tap on search and type keyword then you can find the related searches. In case, if you want to search by category you can also type the categories such as videos, audios, apk, document etc.
If you do a normal search if you do not fetch the files then, go for advanced search using which you can search files just by entering dates and size.
How To Change Folder Properties on ES File Explorer?
If you are using a Rooted Android device you can use the Root Explorer option on the ES File Explorer to alter the folder properties. Slide toolbar from left to open “Tools”—-> Root Explorer—-> Tap on Mount R/W. Then, mount system files as R/W. Select system folder —–> Tap on “properties” to change permissions.
How to use ES File Explorer for Sorting Files/ Folders and Change View
Don’t know How to use ES File Explorer to change the view? It is so simple. This app will allow all the users to sort the folders/Files and to change the view. Just you need to tap on “View” on the toolbar as shown in the below image.
Create Zip Files on Android using ES File Explorer
Don’t know How to use ES File Explorer to create ZIP files? Using this app you can compress multiple files into a ZIP file which is so easy. Based on what you compress it can shrink the size of the folders/ files. If you store a number of files on Android, then it is better to compress them and save your valuable space. You can use this to save your valuable data while sharing data. Moreover, it is better to start creating Zip files on Android rather than relying on your PC.
How to Use ES File Explorer To Edit Host Files on Android
In Android will host files to map names of the host to IP address. If you want to block the websites you can edit the files by mapping the website to localhost.
To edit the files, select host files—-> Choose More—> Open As a text file. You can edit host file with the help of ES note editor and keep a localhost IP address in front of the domain name of the website you wish to block.
Also, check How to Install ES File Explorer iOS
Click Here to Download ES File Explorer Windows PC
We have mentioned complete information regarding How to use ES File Explorer on this page. We hope that these details are helpful for you to use ES File Explorer app in an efficient and easy manner. Follow the above process and enjoy each and every feature of the App. Moreover, if you have any confusion regarding the usage of any feature just place a comment in the comment box. Then, we will reply with the perfect solution.